PROGRESS. TURNIGY 9X with 9xtreme board **NOT WORKING**

HAILME123

PROGRESS. TURNIGY 9X with 9xtreme board **NOT WORKING**

Post by HAILME123 »

PLEASEEE HELLP ALL DEVELOPERS AND ANYONE WHO HAS SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE!!!

I think I have found an issue in the 9xtreme board, and it is very, very frustrating. Ok so I woke up early in the morning to fly my quadcopter. Went to the park, turned on my transmitter. Hmm... something strange happened it did not greet me to day saying "welcome to ....." Ok, so I ignored it and thought it was a temporary glitch. I continued flying. Then when I switched between modes it did not say anything (like position hold etc) Ok. I stopped flying, and checked if the sd card was working by holding the up button for a second or two. and everything is fine (it says it is present) I also checked the audio files through the TX, and all of the files are there. I went back home, connected to the eepskye but says TX not mounted, plus it is not even recognised on both my mac and pc computers (not even the sd card, even though when I take it out it is still recognised).
Last edited by HAILME123 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

jhsa

Re: TURNIGY 9X with 9xtreme board **NOT WORKING**

Post by jhsa »

Try this, turn the radio on in bootloader mode. Now hit the trainer switch once. This will turn the sd card off. Nowmplug the radio to the pc. Does it recognize the eeprom/firmware drive?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
HAILME123

Post by HAILME123 »

Thanks for the reply.

I did that and I still get TX not mounted.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Did you try another cable?
What about if you remove the SD Card? Can you connect to the PC?

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Please start the radio in bootloader mode.
Next connect the USB to your PC.
1. Does the radio show "Connecting..." on the display?
2. Does the PC sound the tones indicating a USB device has been connected?
3. If so, does "My Computer" show two drives have been found?
4. Does the USB cable work correctly with another device (some cables are "charge only" cables).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

HAILME123

Post by HAILME123 »

Yes. Three in fact. The transmitter is not even recognised by the computer. (when I checked my system information and device manager on my mac and PC)
HAILME123

Post by HAILME123 »

MikeB wrote:Please start the radio in bootloader mode.
Next connect the USB to your PC.
1. Does the radio show "Connecting..." on the display?
2. Does the PC sound the tones indicating a USB device has been connected?
3. If so, does "My Computer" show two drives have been found?
4. Does the USB cable work correctly with another device (some cables are "charge only" cables).

Mike.
It says connecting on the display. There are two tones on the PC, then I get a warning saying my device has malfunctioned and there are no drivers. And I have checked with two cables.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On the version screen, what revision number is shown on the SVN line?
If you have upgraded the firmware from the original as shipped you may have the joystick support in.
Please try the following (to test the USB).
Start the radio normally. Now plug the USB cable in. If the firmware is recent enough, then a joystick device should be found by the PC.

Another thing to try is start the radio in bootloader mode, then pull the trainer switch once. You should now see "SD CARD OFF" flashing. Now plug the USB cable in, the PC should find just one drive.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, it looks like the radio also doesn't speak. Or at least it didn't when the problem first happened.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
HAILME123

Post by HAILME123 »

MikeB wrote:On the version screen, what revision number is shown on the SVN line?
If you have upgraded the firmware from the original as shipped you may have the joystick support in.
Please try the following (to test the USB).
Start the radio normally. Now plug the USB cable in. If the firmware is recent enough, then a joystick device should be found by the PC.

Another thing to try is start the radio in bootloader mode, then pull the trainer switch once. You should now see "SD CARD OFF" flashing. Now plug the USB cable in, the PC should find just one drive.

Mike.
The firmware is upgraded to the latest. The the revision number is 1.7. It does not seem to be responding when I pull the trainer switch, I get no response at all. I will do the joystick test to test the USB. With the USB cable I am using, it seems to transfer data from my phone to the PC, I guess it does have data transfer. But anyways I will do the joystick test on my mac and PC.

Thanks
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Try different cables anyway. I have cables that work with some devices, but not with others.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
HAILME123

Post by HAILME123 »

jhsa wrote:Try different cables anyway. I have cables that work with some devices, but not with others.

João
I am using the same cables that I used before to flash my TX.
Thanks anyways.

I have literally wasted all my ideas. (I went on the 9xtreme website and attempted the method without pinching) I opened up the TX tried connecting without the SD CARD, I tried connecting on mac and PC doing the same thing on both. I did the USB test you told me to, that failed (like I said, I think the usb is fine, because ^^^). I can send my TX to the genius guys who made this, because I seriously can't see what I have done to cause such a problem.

Thanks for all your help and responses
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

HAILME123 wrote:(like I said, I think the usb is fine, because ^^^)
HAILME123 wrote: There are two tones on the PC, then I get a warning saying my device has malfunctioned
Actually this suggests there is a hardware issue in the USB lines on the board.
HAILME123

Post by HAILME123 »

HAILME123 wrote:
jhsa wrote:Try different cables anyway. I have cables that work with some devices, but not with others.

João
I am using the same cables that I used before to flash my TX.

I have literally wasted all my ideas. (I went on the 9xtreme website and attempted the method without pinching) I opened up the TX tried connecting without the SD CARD, I tried connecting on mac and PC doing the same thing on both. I did the USB test you told me to, that failed (like I said, I think the usb is fine, because ^^^). I can send my TX to the genius guys who made this, because I seriously can't see what I have done to cause such a problem.

Thanks for all your help and responses
HAILME123

Post by HAILME123 »

Kilrah wrote:
HAILME123 wrote:(like I said, I think the usb is fine, because ^^^)
HAILME123 wrote: There are two tones on the PC, then I get a warning saying my device has malfunctioned
Is there a way to fix this and the sound issue?
HAILME123

Post by HAILME123 »

My speaker also has a resistance of 13ohms, so I think the speaker is fine.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Check the USB connector is fully inserted on the board. Also check the little micro USB connector for bad soldering on its pins. If you are good with a soldering iron you could try to touch the pins and reflow the solder, but it isn't an easy job.
At this point perhaps the best option is to contact Steven at Smartieparts..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
HAILME123

Post by HAILME123 »

jhsa wrote:Check the USB connector is fully inserted on the board. Also check the little micro USB connector for bad soldering on its pins. If you are good with a soldering iron you could try to touch the pins and reflow the solder, but it isn't an easy job.
At this point perhaps the best option is to contact Steven at Smartieparts..

João

I have contacted Steven and he said to wait for Mike's responses. I will contact Steven back again after few days.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

There may be more than one problem here. Let's check the audio.
1. Create a new model and have it as the selected model, don't change any values.
2. Check the volume is set to something other than 0 (e.g. 2).
3. In the model, set up a new Voice Alert:
Switch RUD
Trigger ON
File Type AUDIO
Voice File WARN1
4. Each time you switch the RUD switch on, you should hear a beep, does this happen?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

Kilrah wrote:
Well, probably not "the USB lines on the board", unless there was some damaging event. Far more likely the lines going to the board or, most likely, the USB header board which has been a weak point in the production. I since corrected it, but that doesn't help first-batch owners (we're still on the first batch).

It could also be an issue with the USB cable or the computer's USB ports or driver corruption... there's actually a lot of possible causes for that message.

@HAILME123 - If you haven't already, try a different computer entirely. Meanwhile, I'll get a replacement USB header board and serial cable out to you.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

s_mack wrote: Well, probably not "the USB lines on the board", unless there was some damaging event.
Yeah, poor English that intended to mean "not with the cable", i.e problem inside the radio.

s_mack wrote: or driver corruption...
The "hardware has malfunctioned" prompt is unrelated to drivers, it's when the PC can't even get an identifier from the device to know what to attempt to do with it.
s_mack

Post by s_mack »

Kilrah wrote:
s_mack wrote: or driver corruption...
The "hardware has malfunctioned" prompt is unrelated to drivers, it's when the PC can't even get an identifier from the device to know what to attempt to do with it.
You're absolutely correct that is what the message is *supposed* to mean. However, I know from personal experience that corrupted drivers can cause the same message. But I don't mean the device drivers. I mean the PC motherboard's INF drivers that control the USB ports.
HAILME123

Post by HAILME123 »

MikeB wrote:There may be more than one problem here. Let's check the audio.
1. Create a new model and have it as the selected model, don't change any values.
2. Check the volume is set to something other than 0 (e.g. 2).
3. In the model, set up a new Voice Alert:
Switch RUD
Trigger ON
File Type AUDIO
Voice File WARN1
4. Each time you switch the RUD switch on, you should hear a beep, does this happen?

Mike.
There is no voice nothing. There is only beep from which is not coming from the speaker but the original buzzer in the turnigy 9x.

The speaker has a resistance of 11 - 13 ohms. I think the issue is with the 9xtreme. But strange thing is the backlighting still works.
HAILME123

Post by HAILME123 »

NEW EDIT!!!!!!!

SO GUYS I CAN CONNECT MY TX TO MY COMPUTER NOW AFTER STEVE SENT ME THE USB HEADER :D :D NOW I WILL DIAGNOSE THE SPEAKER PROBLEM
HAILME123

Re: PROGRESS. TURNIGY 9X with 9xtreme board **NOT WORKING**

Post by HAILME123 »

Some-how the speaker was broken and it was also strong that the resistance of the speaker was way to high so something might have happened... But I have not done anything to harm it. Hmm, but I just got a toy and used its speaker.

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”