Binding problem

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
DGHallal

Binding problem

Post by DGHallal »

I have a 9XrPro with ersky9x r220 firmware, am using a Bangood 4in1 multi module that I've set to talk in serial mode with radio, and am not able to bind a FlySky FS IA6B receiver. I can bind to a FlySky R6b and the HK clone but no luck on the IA6B. Have tried both sub-protocols under the AFHDS2 and no luck. What am I missing?

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Binding problem

Post by MikeB »

You have the "Flysky" protocol as well as the AFHDS2 protocol. I don't know if the IA6B needs one from there.
Also, there should be 4 options for Type under AFHDS2.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
DGHallal

Post by DGHallal »

I've tried the FlySky and all 5 sub protocols, and the AFHDS2 but only have two sub protocols, PWM_Ibus and PPM_Ibus.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

ersky9x reads the file "multi.txt" from the root of the SD card to provide updated protocol selection information.
The most recent one is found here: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Mul ... /Multi.txt.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
DGHallal

Post by DGHallal »

So I am assuming I have to cut and paste that into the "Multi.txt" file on the sad card?

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On the page to which I linked, just right click on RAW and select "save as", then just copy the resulting file to the root of the SD card.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
DGHallal

Post by DGHallal »

Ok, got it, will try it tonight.
DGHallal

Post by DGHallal »

Ok, copied the file to the root of the SD card. I'm assuming that meant on the card itself and not in any of the other files on the card. No change. As a matter of fact the AFHDS2A protocol that was showing up is not there any more. Tried the FlySky protocol and it won't bind still. I have been told I might have to flash the multi module itself to get this to work. Is that true? If so that's way over my head. Unless there is someone I can mail it to to do it for me I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy a FlySky FSi6 tx and save the headache. I like a challenge but this is getting old. :D
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It may well be that the Multi.txt file has become too large to be fully read into the radio memory. I have increased the available memory allocated for this, but you will need to flash a test version of ersky9x.
Go here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676, download "ersky9xProvR221a7.zip", extract ersky9xr_rom.bin and flash that to your radio.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
DGHallal

Post by DGHallal »

Ok, tried that, protocol showed back up along with the 4 sub-protocols (PWM_IBUS, PPM_IBUS, PWM_SBUS, PPM_SBUS) Tried all four and could not bind to the AFHDS2A reliever, through the radio or manually with bind button on module.

BTW, should I be trying to bind with the PWM_IBUS to use the single wire setup from a quad if everything was working correctly?

As a test I tried the R6b receiver and can bind to it through the radio and the module by the bind button. As a side note, I have a servo connected to the aileron channel and once the R6b receiver was bound the servo worked but with the elevator input, not aileron. The radio defaults to AETR so don't know what's up. Got it to work last week correctly but can't remember how after trying so many different things.

Where to now? Thanks for all your help by the way, feeling really needy right now, hope I'm not a pain.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Possibly ask on RCGroups here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... -TX-Module.
I don't know enough about the AFHDS2A protocol to know exactly where to go next.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
thjubeck

Post by thjubeck »

Hey all, was this problem ever resolved?
DGHallal

Post by DGHallal »

Thjubeck, no, I gave up and finally bought an I6x. Bound fine with a IA6B receiver and up and running my Wizard. Have not messed with the multi module since. May have to try it on a Eachine tiny whoop clone I have just to see if I can.
thjubeck

Post by thjubeck »

Multimodule will work with it and it is awesome. I have a wireless booster running with it and can get awesome distance with it. I have paired it with dsmx, my old turnigy 9x receivers, and the eachine x90c easily. Just wondering if you had sucess with the flysky one or not. I purchased two and had the same problem and had a friend who had a i6 transmitter to try them and they worked so receivers are fine. Still looking for more info on the modules if anyone else has any ideas. I have the latest releases of er9x and the bangood multimodule firmware from github so trying to figure out where to go from here. Also how did you bind manually? As in which mode were you in?
davids

Post by davids »

DGHallal wrote:Ok, tried that, protocol showed back up along with the 4 sub-protocols (PWM_IBUS, PPM_IBUS, PWM_SBUS, PPM_SBUS) Tried all four and could not bind to the AFHDS2A reliever, through the radio or manually with bind button on module.

BTW, should I be trying to bind with the PWM_IBUS to use the single wire setup from a quad if everything was working correctly?

As a test I tried the R6b receiver and can bind to it through the radio and the module by the bind button. As a side note, I have a servo connected to the aileron channel and once the R6b receiver was bound the servo worked but with the elevator input, not aileron. The radio defaults to AETR so don't know what's up. Got it to work last week correctly but can't remember how after trying so many different things.

Where to now? Thanks for all your help by the way, feeling really needy right now, hope I'm not a pain.
Hi I am facing similar issues. My setup is 9xr pro with r-220 version and orange recivers. In all my testing I am not able to wake up the module (the green led of the module are not lite). My next try will be to try openTx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thjubeck

Post by thjubeck »

For me the issue was my module was messed up. I tried a different one and it binds fine.

Return to “ersky9xr”