Parkzone BNF - Night Vapor and micro SU-26

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
Tafwal

Parkzone BNF - Night Vapor and micro SU-26

Post by Tafwal »

Turnigy 9XR-Pro and Banggood 4 in 1 purchased November 2016. Tx updated to ERSKY 9X Revision 220 in December. 4 in 1 not updated. Successfully loaded/bound mainly Orange rx DSM2 equipped fixed wing fleet, but problem with Vapor and SU-26. No motor on SU-26 and constant motor on Vapor. Aileron, elevator and rudder ok.
Forum search turned up nothing except reports of users successfully binding Vapors etc.
I have tried reversing and changing weight for throttle but no success.
Any thoughts? All help appreciated.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Parkzone BNF - Night Vapor and micro SU-26

Post by MikeB »

The firmware shipped on the 4-in-1 module is OLD. There have been many updates to the way DSM is handled.
I suggest updating the firmware on the 4-in-1.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Tafwal

Post by Tafwal »

Thanks Mike.

I'd not updated due to conflicting online advice. One says important to do so, another says don't if it works ok. I suppose as everything isn't ok I'd better do it, but my computer/software skills are low. (If I still lived in Poole I'd be knocking on your door!!)

Hywel B.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Do you have a programmer (USBASP) that will operate at 3.3V?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Tafwal

Post by Tafwal »

No, but I've noted all the hardware I'll need to update, the programmer, header pins and adapter as detailed in the You Tube video by KenVersus. (That's where there's one of the warnings - 'if it's not broken, don't fix it'!) I'll have to order the bits but it's unlikely they'll arrive until after I come down to Poole on the 28th Jan. as our friends' son, 1st class degree Computer Sciences, would be able to sort out the firmware issues for me before we all go off skiing for a week.

Tafwal

Post by Tafwal »

Success!
Managed to get the hardware bits pretty quick from Hobbycomponents.com (UK company) and despite shaky hands soldered the header pins to the 4 in 1. Started to follow KenVersus' You Tube video but clicked on his link to Pascal's guide and found he'd updated it yesterday to make it a very much simpler/easy procedure compared to the version I printed out a few weeks back. So, after settling on the protocols I needed and editing the config file, I successfully updated the 4 in 1. Board back in to the 9xr Pro, switched on for one of my Orange DSM2 planes and found the channels all over the place, ugh! Hour or so later and after losing some hair, I found on the Arduino config file a note that said the default channel order was AETR! So, changed this to TAER and updated the board again with immediate success. (Perhaps this could be highlighted more prominently as it was pure chance I found it.)
I'm only using DSM2, Hubsan and WLToys and apart from a twitchy V911 heli, everything is working great.

Many thanks to all involved in this project.

Return to “ersky9xr”