Bootloader Update does not change version

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
erock970

Bootloader Update does not change version

Post by erock970 »

I have moved r217 (what I have on my current 9xr-pro) onto a microSD to update my friends 9XR-pro that is running r204. When I go into maintenance mode and select UPDATE BOOTLOADER the ersky9xr_rom_217.bin is there and I select it to update. Once I flashing is complete and reset the radio the version never updates out of 204. I have fully removed 204 from the SD card and it only has 217 on there.

I understand 220 is the latest but for some reason that wouldn't update for me either so I tried my 217 from my radio and that's why it's in the example.

Thanks for the help

jhsa

Re: Bootloader Update does not change version

Post by jhsa »

erock970 wrote:I have moved r217 (what I have on my current 9xr-pro) onto a microSD to update my friends 9XR-pro that is running r204. When I go into maintenance mode and select UPDATE BOOTLOADER the ersky9xr_rom_217.bin is there and I select it to update. Once I flashing is complete and reset the radio the version never updates out of 204. I have fully removed 204 from the SD card and it only has 217 on there.

I understand 220 is the latest but for some reason that wouldn't update for me either so I tried my 217 from my radio and that's why it's in the example.

Thanks for the help
I answered you on the other forum.. You need to enter bootloader mode, not maintenance mode to update the firmware.. I also explained how to do it..
Actually, from the new version on, just plug the USB cable and turn the radio ON ;) :) Simple as that :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “ersky9xr”