RESOLVED: Right stick is throttle and it should not be...need help.

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
Jerrit1

Post by Jerrit1 »

I have a 9XR Pro with ERSKY9x for the 9XR Pro firmware installed (r220). This is a new radio. I calibrated the sticks then set the channel order to TAER since I mostly use Spektrum receivers i wanted the radios channel order to match the Rx order...I thought this would simplify things.
I made a new model and added a simple 4 channel mix using the airplane template. In the mixer I show CH1 as THRO and my receiver is labeled as the first channel being THRO but when i connect a servo to CH1 on the RX it moves when i move the right elevator stick (I'm setup for mode 2).
What am i doing wrong?

SOLUTION: The Multi RF module from Banggood re-sorts the channel order so leave your 9XR Pro channel order the default of AETR and when you select DSM as the protocol then it will re-assign the channel order to the needed TAER.
Last edited by Jerrit1 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilrah

Re: Right stick is throttle and it should not be...need help.

Post by Kilrah »

You've likely got the radio configured for mode 1.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

To expand on that point:

In the Controls menu (under Radio Setup) you should have Channel Order set to TAER. This is essential for a Spektrum receiver which uses Smart Failsafe, as only Channel 1 has failsafe.

Cross Trim and Throttle Reverse must be OFF.

For throttle on left, Mode must be set to 2.

The diagram at the bottom right shows how the sticks are configured and should read Rud Thr Ele Ail for Mode 2. It does not show channel order.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Please go to "Radio Setup / Controls", scroll down to "Mode", change it to "2".

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Well, that's the same advice three ways. It should be clear enough! :)

Jerrit1

Post by Jerrit1 »

Kilrah wrote:You've likely got the radio configured for mode 1.
I went into radio setup, then controls, in there I have channel order set to TAER and below that a few lines it says MODE 2. Unless there is some other place to set the mode then I have it set to MODE 2 correctly.
Jerrit1

Post by Jerrit1 »

Daedalus66 wrote: The diagram at the bottom right shows how the sticks are configured and should read Rud Thr Ele Ail for Mode 2. It does not show channel order.
I am showing MODE 2 and "Rud Thr Ele Ail" next to it.
Daedalus66

Right stick is throttle and it should not be...need help.

Post by Daedalus66 »

That's it. Is it working correctly for you? Everything you need is on that page.

If you still have a problem, create a new model And it should be correct.
Last edited by Daedalus66 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Please download the eeprom from your radio to your computer using Eepskye, then post it here.. You might have to put it inside a zip file first.. Maybe not, I can't remember :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Jerrit1

Post by Jerrit1 »

Daedalus66 wrote:That's it. Is it working correctly for you? Everything you need is on that page.

If you still have a problem, create a new model And it should be correct.
Those settings were like that before I created the model I was using...so at your suggestion I created another new model...no change.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Then you must have changed something else that should be left alone. Can you do as Joao asks?
Jerrit1

Post by Jerrit1 »

Daedalus66 wrote:Then you must have changed something else that should be left alone. Can you do as Joao asks?
I have downloaded the eepsky app, installed and connected, I have tried the simulator and the throttle is moving as it should.
I then went to my receiver and plugged in a servo on "CH1 THRO" and the only thing that moves the servo is elevator movement.
I bought two receivers (link to the receivers I bought below) and both of them do this.
After moving the servo through all the channels on the receiver I've determined the order is ETAR even though the order printed on the receivers is TAER. Is it possible these receivers are a defect from the factory and wired up wrong internally?

http://www.banggood.com/REDCON-CM703-2_ ... mds=search
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

What does the Mixer screen in the transmitter show? That is what determines the channel order.

The Mixer channels must be in the order TAER.

This has nothing to do with the receiver.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Forget the receiver and focus on the transmitter. Look at the graphic output screen (the one with bars) which will show you what the transmitter is putting out. Move the sticks and observe which bars move. That tells you the order.

EDIT
The first column of bars represents channels 1 - 4. Each bar is -100% at the extreme left, 0% in the middle and +100% at the extreme right.

If you have correctly set Channel Order as TAER and have chosen Mode 2, you should see the bars move in that order when you move the sticks.

Note that Channel Order only takes effect for NEW models. It does not change existing models. But you can rearrange the mixes on the Mixer screen to correct the order of an existing model.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Do you have the "new" ER9X manual? It's the best guide to all this basic stuff and shows the current menu structure, which is shared with ERSky9x. The manual is available at http://www.ER9X.com
The original ERSky9x manuals are there too but show the old menu structure used when the 9XR Pro was first released (version R204). The latest version was just released this month -- R220.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Here are some screen shots that should help.
Attachments
Graphic Servo Outputs Screen
Graphic Servo Outputs Screen
ERSky9x Graphic screen 1.jpg (36.26 KiB) Viewed 16759 times
Mixer Screen
Mixer Screen
ERSky9x Mixer screen 1.jpg (29.94 KiB) Viewed 16759 times
Radio Setup Controls Screen
Radio Setup Controls Screen
ERSky9x Radio Setup Controls screen 1.jpg (32.05 KiB) Viewed 16759 times
Jerrit1

Post by Jerrit1 »

Daedalus66 wrote:Here are some screen shots that should help.
Those three screenshots look exactly like my screens. Just for clarification, those screens looked like that and had those correct settings before I even started this thread.
Jerrit1

Post by Jerrit1 »

Also, a bit more clarification...I have owned a 9XR for a couple years, had ERSKY9x on it for at least the last year...it worked fine with my Orange OpenLRS module and Rx.
I sold the 9XR and bought a 9XR Pro and those two receivers and a Multi RF module all about the same time, the day I got the 9XR Pro in the mail (just a few days ago) I put the ERSKY9x firmware on it and tried those two receivers for the first time.
My Multi RF is in S.BUS serial mode. It's set for DSM/DSMX and it binds to the two new receivers just fine.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You haven't mentioned what Tx module you are using. Some modules map the channels into TAER from something else like AETR.
Ah, you have just mentioned the Multi module. That has build options to sort the mapping, the default is, I think to take in AETR, then map to the target, which may be TAER for DSM, but stay at AETR for FrSky etc.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Then it looks as though the transmitter is working correctly.

I think the problem is almost certainly that the module is changing the channel order, thinking its dealing with Futaba type transmitter. What module are you using? If it's an Orange Switchable, just flip switch 2.

If it's an Orange v1.2, you may need to set up the transmitter Channel Order to EATR. The module will then shuffle it around to TAER.

The same trick should work with any module that expects to see AETR (Futaba) and tries to turn it into TAER (Spektrum).

I should have asked about the module right off the bat!

Don't forget to create a new model if you change the channel order. It only affects new models.

Also you may be able to select "channel mapping" in the module. Check the instructions.

EDIT
I see Mike picked up on this while I was typing. This is clearly the answer.
Jerrit1

Post by Jerrit1 »

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

This indeed does shuffle the channels around. It expects always the same input order, and remaps it as required to match the default of the different protocols it supports.

What it needs as input is configurable in the code and usually set as AETR, but we don't know how BG set it for the firmware that it ships with and it could well be EATR. It is highly recommended to reflash the module before using it.
Jerrit1

Post by Jerrit1 »

I just found this while I was searching for channel order info on the multi RF module...

"Create a new model and confirm that the channel order is set to AETR (This is really important - this is for all protocols - even for DSM as the MULTI-module firware will change the transmitted channel order according to the protocol."

I had my radio set to Spektrums default of TAER so I will change it to AETR when I get home from work and test it and report but I think this was what I was missing.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Yes, that's the answer. Module assumes it's getting AETR from the transmitter and helpfully converts it to TAER if DSM protocol is being used.
Last edited by Daedalus66 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerrit1

Re: RESOLVED: Right stick is throttle and it should not be...need help.

Post by Jerrit1 »

SOLVED: thanks for the help guys ...I was able to verify last night that putting the radio back to AETR did fix the issue. Once I selected the DSM protocol in the Multi RF module then it sends the spektrum TAER order to the receiver. THIS FORUM ROCKS!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Great it is working.. If we had known you are using the multi module before, your problem would have been solved long ago :)
But better late than never, right?? :mrgreen: :D

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Good general principle when asking for advice: specify all components of the system, even if they don't seem related.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Don't hesitate to ask more questions (and report your own experiences).

Return to “ersky9xr”