Slow Up and Slow Down wrt movement from centre

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
wombat67

Slow Up and Slow Down wrt movement from centre

Post by wombat67 »

Hey all,

Here is my problem/question. I am using the slow up and slow down function to influence the acceleration and decelleration of land based vehicles. That means that my throttle at neutral (0) by default. Stick up (+) moves vehicle forwards and stick down (-) moves vehicle backwards. Now if I simply use Slow Up to influence the forward motion all is good when going forwards. However, if in reverse the slow up plays no part in the acceleration backwards and instead affects reverse decelleration.

So in my case I am emulating a heavy vehicle which takes a long time to accelerate so I have a high Slow Up setting. Problem comes if I go into reverse and the slow up now is actually working as Slow DOWN and the result is that when I try to stop the vehicle continues merrily backwards, usually until it crashes into something :(

Now I have cobbled together a solution using Logical switches but I'm sure there must be a simpler more efficient method to have Slow Up fuction when stick moves away from centre and Slow Down function as stick moves back to centre.

Cheers
Kevin G

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Slow Up and Slow Down wrt movement from centre

Post by MikeB »

Try two mixes on the throttle channel:
+100% Thr Curve(x>0) Slow(u1:d0)
+100% Thr Curve(x<0) Slow(u0:d1)

Moving the throttle from 0% towards +100% will have slow applied, but moving it from +100% to 0% will follow the stick.
Going from 0% to -100% will have slow, but from -100% to 0% will be direct.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
wombat67

Post by wombat67 »

Thanks Mike, but it doesn't quite work. There is a bit of a time delay when changing between forward and reverse. The Slow values I want to use when accelerating in forward or reverse are between 10 and 15. Deceleration values are much less 2 to 4. With the mix and these values
+100% Thr Curve(x>0) Slow(u15:d2)
+100% Thr Curve(x<0) Slow(u2:d15)

There is a considerable delay when shifting between forwards and reverse. At first use the acceleration is normal - release stick and the values go back to zero with the "speed" of 2. However, if you then try to go into reverse there is a considerable delay before the values start to move from centre.

Cheers
Kevin G
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Because mixes operate over the full range -100% to +100%, even when not an active output, this is not easy to achieve.
If you have something working, then it may be as good as anything else.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
wombat67

Post by wombat67 »

Thanks Mike

In case anyone is also wanting such a function or if anyone can see a way to improve, here is what I have done...

+100 THR L9 Slow(u2:d2)
+100 THR L7 Slow(u10:d2)
+100 THR L8 Slow(u2:d10)
with
L7 v>val THR 4
L8 v<val THR -4
L9 |v|<val THR 5

Cheers
Kevin G

Return to “ersky9xr”