6POS switch adjust PWM value for each position?

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
ckambiselis

6POS switch adjust PWM value for each position?

Post by ckambiselis »

Hi,

It's finally vacation time again and I picked up from where I left my Talon built, I'm using Ardupilot and have installed a 6POS switch to my 9XR Pro for flight mode switching, the mode switching works pretty much fine but there is one problem I can't find a solution for, the difference of the PWM signal of the 1st and 2nd positions is too small for Ardupilot to register it as a different value and so is the difference between the 5th and 6th position. I'm not really able to change it in Ardupilot and the only relevant answer I have found somewhere was to use the "Mixer" and it stops there and this is where the ball drops. If this is the only way to do it, could someone elaborate a little bit more, since just saying use the "Mixer" doesn't really mean much to someone who hasn't been making RC planes for most of his life. I tried to play with the curves but it only has 5 adjustment points and I don't seem to be able to do much from there, and all the other mode switch/channel mixing info I have found is for the 2 switch setup.

Just to make sure it's not a hardware thing or something (last year I had posted another topic when I was making the switch and the info on the mods pdf was wrong, but it didn't come to mind that the values weren't that great after all), I have also calibrated the switch in the Hardware menu and the mode changes just fine on the screen of my 9XR Pro, the PWM values for each position given by the radio are.

POS1: 985
POS2: 1190
POS3: 1395
POS4: 1600
POS5: 1805
POS6: 2011

while Ardupilot is expecting:
0-1230
1231-1360
1361-1490
1491-1620
1621-1749
1750+

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 6POS switch adjust PWM value for each position?

Post by MikeB »

What revision of ersky9x are you using?
Check through the curves available, the first 8 are 5 point, then there are 8 9-point curves, then 2 x-y curves and finally a 6-point curve. I added this last one specifically for the situation you have.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ckambiselis

Re: 6POS switch adjust PWM value for each position?

Post by ckambiselis »

I'm running 219, thanks for the heads up, didn't see those, gonna try fix it through there and post the numbers here in case someone else needs them, even though it might be a bit different for someone else.

UPDATE:
In the mixer I set the 6POS channel to use the 9 point curve I adjusted and the values for the 9 point curve are:
-100 -55 -45 -25 0 23 37 45 100

They might need some tweeking for someone else's setup since I have used standard 5% resistors, but they have a 20 point difference from the limits of the ranges, so they should be pretty close.

Thanks MikeB and the others devs for the great work you have done.
Oscar

Return to “ersky9xr”