"radio battery low" alert with no apparent reason

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
ehrans

"radio battery low" alert with no apparent reason

Post by ehrans »

well... i was making a lot of changes in the past days, so many 221gX versions, ahds2a telemetry running, voice files... new 4in1 compilation flashed. So i don't really know where the thing was f****d up.

i was running a non full battery in the past days, having the radio battery low alert, but i think was normal, i performed a full charge of battery and still telling the radio battery is low,

any clue on this?

i attach a photo of the DIAGANA screen i tried tunning voltage up and down and nothing changes.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2018-03-12 at 19.12.38.jpeg

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: "radio battery low" alert with no apparent reason

Post by MikeB »

Set the battery voltage on the DIAGANA screen so it matches your actual battery voltage.
The 9XR-PRO monitors the current taken by the radio, and integrates this to give the mAh used. Go UP LONG from the main screen to see these values (BATTERY screen).
If the mAh exceeds the value set as the "Capacity Alarm" in the Radio Setup|Alarms menu, you will get the "Radio Battery Low" voice message.
Either set the "Capacity Alarm" to zero (to disable the feature), or go to the BATTERY screen and press MENU to zero the mAh value (usually done when you fully charge the battery).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ehrans

Re: "radio battery low" alert with no apparent reason

Post by ehrans »

solved, thx,

now i have another question. at DIAGANA screen, what is that mA value? , as far as i can see, it moves with cursors, but... what is exactly this value, y can'tmake it go under 30XX so shouldn-t be the total mAh stored at batery or something like. And voltage is almost perfectly matching real voltage
MikeB
9x Developer

Re:

Post by MikeB »

That mA value should be the current being used by the radio. Yours appears to be significantly over-reading.
The current is measured by resistor R9 on the RF board (should be 0.1 ohms), and then by R11 and R10 (2K2 and 2K7).
The voltage across R10 is then read by the firmware. I'm wondering if R10 isn't soldered properly, one side should be ground.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ehrans

Re:

Post by ehrans »

ok, thats why is jumping the alert every few minutwes, and i have to reset the mah counter

i'll check those resistors soon.

thanks for reply.

Return to “ersky9xr”