Trainer Function - PPM 1 to 8 or 1 to16?

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
mapes12

Trainer Function - PPM 1 to 8 or 1 to16?

Post by mapes12 »

The manual states that CH's 1 - 4 are available as standard in the Radio Setup > Trainer menu and additional channels 5 to 8 can be added in the mixer. I appear to remember reading somewhere that CH 8 is not the upper limit but can go up to CH 16? Is this correct?

The reason I ask is because I'm setting up Master and Slave Tx's on 2x Taranis running ersky 9xr and where the models Rx is a S6R and the mode toggle function that controls the stabilisation state is hard wired at CH10. TIA. Mark

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Trainer Function - PPM 1 to 8 or 1 to16?

Post by MikeB »

Yes, 16 trainer channels are available to the mixer. I order to keep the EEPROM unchanged, PPM9-PPM16 appear later in the list, after GVARs and Scalers.
You have some options for this, depending on how many of the channels of the S8R you are using for the aircraft.
You could adjust the trainer protocol on the slave to output at least 10 channels, making sure you increase the frame length. 22.5mS is OK for 8 channels, add 2 mS for each extra channel.
If you are not using, say, channel 8 on the aircraft, you could set the student Tx to output the S8R mode control on channel 8, then just use PPM8 on channel 10 of the teacher Tx.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “ersky9xr”