Telemetry sudden stopped on XJT module

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Telemetry sudden stopped on XJT module

Post by MikeB »

Check the pin is making contact with the module. The 9XR-PRO pins are a bit shorter than the "official" JR length.

Do you have an "X" series receiver with a telemetry sensor?
Since the SPort is "common" to both the Tx and Rx, a test you can do (I just checked this works), is to connect the ground and signal of the receiver SPort to the ground and signal of the Tx. You must have a sensor on the receiver to get any actual data, I used a vario.

Power the Tx and Rx (no Tx module). You should see the sensor data on the Tx, I correctly got the Alt reading.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

conker

Post by conker »

Hey Mike, so I've done this check differently, I used RX that transmits its RSSI values and A1, A2. From what I've seen so for it shows up on TX pin of XJT module but not on SPort pin (checked using logic analyser). That would potentially suggest that inverter from SPort is dead, well ok it's not the end. When I bridge TX with SPort so it looks as if data is comming from SPort to 9XR PRO, the radio doesn't see a thing and again I can confirm that data is going out. Lastly to point out I checked this with logic analyser: signal after inverters on 9XR PRO is comming in and is valid....
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Please check:
Your RTC is running OK, and keeps time when power is off (The COM1 inverter is controlled by a signal output from the RTC chip).
You don't have COM1 inverted (telemetry menu).
You have the "Usr Proto" set to FrSky (telemetry menu).

Then, please generate a "Raw log file" and post it for me to look at.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
conker

Post by conker »

Ok, I had my radio bricked I recover it with JLink, anyway the problem seems to be inverter circuitry on the radio. As long as there is nothing connected to it, signal goes fine out of the radio, but when I connect anything to flash from SPort, whatever it is, XJT module or any receiver. I get very strange things which are shown in images.

Nothing connected on SPort, 5 second period and zoom in on one frame:
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 00.25.14.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 00.25.06.png
RX Connected on SPort, 5 second period and zoom in into random place:
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 00.24.29.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 00.24.12.png
Basically for sure it's an issue on the radio side as it's impossible that all my modules and receivers are broken...
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Both the XJT module and a receiver drive the SPort when they are running normally.
To update these, you need to provide power to them independently from the Tx, so just connect ground and SPort signal to them.
Then get the Tx looking for the device to update, then power the device (module or Rx) on, so the device sees the update command before it starts running normally.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

conker

Post by conker »

I've done those updates countless times and I’m doing it properly, exactly as you described. Screenshots from logic analyser are examples on what’s happening now when trying to update this way, obviously it doesn’t work...
conker

Post by conker »

Well as of now everything started working again, just like that without any reason?! No idea what was going on I think it was ESD from plugging module in and out
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Perhaps a bad connection between module and radio pins.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
voodoo614

Post by voodoo614 »

I just wanted to update. So I returned the new XJT module and actually got a third one. Turns out the third one worked. Telemetry is back. Original module still doesn't get telemetry. What are the odds, second module was DOA.

I don't know why, but I never get any email notifications for a new post. Sorry for the late update.

Return to “ersky9xr”