ERSKY 9xr PRO - bad rssi?

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
dkdwong

ERSKY 9xr PRO - bad rssi?

Post by dkdwong »

9XR PRO running latest test ERSKY 221D4 for 9xr
4 in 1 multi protocol TX module
RX F-802 receiver - no software upgrade

Receiver bound and seems to work. However RSSI never reads below 69 even when I unplug receiver from battery. Any help?

The latest test rom shows the stick position in the mixer set up screen (great feature) but the upper left corner where MIXER is printed is over ridden with some numbers that does not relate to anything. Is this a error that will be fixed?

jhsa

Re: ERSKY 9xr PRO - bad rssi?

Post by jhsa »

Make sure that you installed "ersky9xr_rom.bin" and not any of the other files in the zip file you've downloaded..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I can confirm the bug in the mixer.. And it is there since version "c9", just checked..
Don't know how I didn't see this before.. :( I was probably busy with other little projects :)

Cannot confirm the RSSI problem. I have some F802 that I have built, but mine might have a better range than the ones sold, because they have diversity. Don't expect the ones you buy to have great range..
Can't understand why the RSSI doesn't go below 69.. Tried with a DJT and one of my F802, and the RSSI dropped to zero when I turned the RX OFF..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
dkdwong

Post by dkdwong »

If you are not getting the same problem then there must be something wrong in my settings. I have exactly the same problem (RSSI lowest at 69) with my only other FRSKY receiver on an Eachine E010 S.

Anything obvious in PROTOCOL or TELEMETRY settings that I missed?

Under the FRSKYD protocol there is options of "none, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7". What does that do?

Also plugging a battery into A1 on the receiver gives a reading on A2 of 1/10 of the value in A1. Is that normal or are you able to plug two difference voltages in A1 and A2?

Using this receiver in PWM mode for servoes on a fixed wing (glider) can I use he RX solder point as the hub input for telemetry (say for a variometer)?

This is my first try at telemetry. Always used OSD on quads to getting telemetry data.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Have you updated the firmware in the 4-in-1 module? It may be that the module is sending the RSSI value even when the Rx is off. I seem to recall this was happening at one time, but the firmware was changed to fix it.

Leave the FrSkyD "Type" set to "None".

If you have a voltage on A1 on the Rx, but have the A2 input "floating" (i.e. not connected), then you may well see a "ghost" voltage appear on A2. This is normal due to the way the analog voltages are read.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

dkdwong

Post by dkdwong »

Thanks. Updating firmware on tx module fixed the problem.

I was avoiding updating TX module until absolutely necessary. I was right. It took me over 12 hours of tries until I got all the ducks in a row. Now that I have done it there should be no problems updating TX firmware.

Keep up the good work.

Return to “ersky9xr”