Aux 5 etc enable for gimbal control on POT

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
roscored1000

Aux 5 etc enable for gimbal control on POT

Post by roscored1000 »

Hi guys I havent been on the forum for a long time, but I am using r217 firmware and was getting frazzled trying to enable Aux 5 channel eg to be active on POT 2 eg.
I basically want to use a 3 axis gimbal and to have control over Pitch and Yaw, my gimbal controller is a Storm32 BGC and the flight controller is a SP racing F3, their forums give conflicting info on how to control a gimbal,
FC vs Receiver,
the Flight software is INAV.
I have pitch cable plugged into FC and on using channel 8, POT 3 I have pitch movement, yay.
Ok my receiver was a D4R-ii, that died 2 days ago so I have used a standby D8R-ii flashed to XP [for27ms and PPM] That is working so far, but in Inav I cant for the life of me get AUX5 to respond?
Can someone tell me the secret or point to link, I have looked through a lot tof the manuals but get a headache.
Is this firmware still viable [r217] for what I want to do?
thanks

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Aux 5 etc enable for gimbal control on POT

Post by MikeB »

Could you define "AUX5" please?
The Tx normally outputs 8 channels 1 to 8, which the D8R then outputs.
Are you trying to get more than 8 channels from the PPM output of the D8R?
What Tx module are you using?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
roscored1000

Post by roscored1000 »

This I think is one of those oops moments, I had completely forgotten that I have only 8 channels to play with. I was using a d4r-ii but that died then used a backup d8r-xp, but once again was happily trying to get things to work on channel 9 or 10!
Because I was seeing more than 8 in the 9xr pro setup I just started trying to use them.
Apart from the usual basic 4, I use 1 for RTH, 1 for POS/ALT HOLD,1 for ID0 switch, 1 for POT 3 to control pitch on gimbal, no spares is there? I am contemplating going over to an X4R-SB to have sbus and 16ch as awell as 3 PWM channels that maybe will help me getting gimbal controls to work.
Is that a better idea do you agree?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

To send more than 8 channels you will need a XJT module.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
roscored1000

Post by roscored1000 »

Yes I have an X4RSB on the way and an XJT module. getting the light bulb moments every now and then.
Oh and I have worked out how to get the 3 axis gimbal working too, :idea:

roscored1000

Post by roscored1000 »

Got it all sorted Mike.
I had not bound the RX x4rsb properly in PXX for the XJT. Once I did that I had my extra channels, and I was able to setup my 2 way switch for the 2 cameras. Thanks for your guidance. I need to read a lot about these toys because they are a bugger for an old guy without the background in RC.
roscored1000

Post by roscored1000 »

I still to read up on sounds and battery alarms etc I had some set with old software but just have not had time to read up on it again, has the initial making and saving of voice files changed much. thanks again
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

If you were using only numbered voice files, then, yes it did change.
Please tell us how old is the Ersky9x version you had installed on your radio. What version?

João

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
roscored1000

Post by roscored1000 »

Thanks for the reply I was using r217 up until a week ago. so yes it was the numbered files. Is there any updates to read somewhere about this? I have the 2014 pdf files. Thanks
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

roscored1000 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:10 am Thanks for the reply I was using r217 up until a week ago. so yes it was the numbered files. Is there any updates to read somewhere about this? I have the 2014 pdf files. Thanks
Assuming you are using r220, you also need the new voice file pack from er9x.com. Then you can reference voice files by name which is much more understandable.
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R

Return to “ersky9xr”