my computer isnt recognizing my radio

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
bbergovoy

my computer isnt recognizing my radio

Post by bbergovoy »

ok, well, it's been a few months since I was here, and I have forgotten everything.. figures.

I am trying to plug my radio into the windows computer but the computer isnt 'beeping' or recognizing that I plugged anything into it...

what gives?

I have read the manuals over again, but dont see what to do when this happens?

any info is greatly appreciated.

thanks

bill

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: my computer isnt recognizing my radio

Post by MikeB »

I assume you have a 9XR-PRO (since you have posted under ersky9xr).
Are you starting the Tx in "bootloader mode"? (Hold both horizontal trims inwards while you power on).
Then plug the USB cable in, you should see "Connecting" on the Tx screen and two hard drives should appear on the PC.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
bbergovoy

Post by bbergovoy »

yes, sorry... I have the turnigy 9xr pro... and it has the xjt and djt modules, (I tried both)...

and yes, I read the manuals and followed the information given in those manuals.. so that means I held down the trim buttons, towards the center, can see the rom files, but I dont flash those files, I just connect the cable from the radio to the usb connector on my laptop... the radio says CONNECTING, but again, no beep, no indication on my laptop... I looked at device manager, and nothing.. no ports listed.. nothing.

if I dont press the trim buttons and connect the radio via the cable, the radio will say USB, and the laptop will show a camera on one of my ports, not necessarily the port that is listed when I program arduinos or flight controllers.

I reinstalled the cp102 driver. or at least I think I did... I just clicked on the install program and it does its thing... but again, no difference...

thanks

bill
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you get "USB" and a Camera showing then the USB cable is OK and the computer (I assume windows based) is seeing this.
If you get "Connecting" then the Tx is seeing the USB cable and you should get the two hard drives appearing (no ports).

A couple of questions:
1. What version of Windows are you running?
2. Is the USB port version 2.0 or 3.0? (If 3.0, is there a 2.0 port you can try?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
domstuff03

Post by domstuff03 »

Hello,

I have the same problem with you but I have resolve this :

The USB connector on my 9xrpro have a little problem,for connect my radio to my computer,I must block the cable with a plastic end so that the contact this makes.

The problem it is that there is too much play between the cable and the connector.

and this functions only with one of my USB cables.

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Make sure the USB plug is fully inserted in the radio.. Many people don't push it completely in.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What Jhsa is saying is the USB plug "clicks" in when it is pushed firmly enough. You do need to push quite hard to do this.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
bbergovoy

Post by bbergovoy »

Thank you. I'm not getting the two drives on last of devices.

I'm using windows 8.1

u fur the terror reply

MikeB wrote:If you get "USB" and a Camera showing then the USB cable is OK and the computer (I assume windows based) is seeing this.
If you get "Connecting" then the Tx is seeing the USB cable and you should get the two hard drives appearing (no ports).

A couple of questions:
1. What version of Windows are you running?
2. Is the USB port version 2.0 or 3.0? (If 3.0, is there a 2.0 port you can try?

Mike.

Return to “ersky9xr”