Question About XJT

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
Thierry71

Question About XJT

Post by Thierry71 »

Hello,

I have a question for the pro. I just received a new XJT module to set in 9XR Pro.
Setting properly the mode within de radio with PXX with D8 mode, I can Bind a D8R plus receiver.
But setting the telemetry, I notice the TSSI level is very low (16) and the RSSI is normal.
When i switch on the radio, I can ear a single Bip and i Can't find the meaning.

Do you have an idea, it seems to be a auto range check but I didn't set anything ?

Thank You
Thierry

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Question About XJT

Post by MikeB »

The XJT doesn't send th TSSI value any more, it is SWR. On recent revisions of the firmware I change the name to show this. 16 is OK for the SWR value.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Thierry71

Post by Thierry71 »

Understand, thanks for the answer, what SWR means ? It could be insteresting to change the scale in the 9XR Pro firmware to confirm this new
value .

Thierry
rszasz

Post by rszasz »

Thierry71 wrote:Understand, thanks for the answer, what SWR means ? It could be insteresting to change the scale in the 9XR Pro firmware to confirm this new
value .

Thierry
Swr is usually the Standing Wave Ratio. It's a measure of how efficently the antenna system is matched to the electronics and a value of 1:1 is considered optimal so the lower the swr number the better. Somewhere around 16 is pretty good for the rubberducky that comes with the XJT as anything conductive near the antenna will mess up the match. (Esp the nice tuned 2.4 ghz antenna an inch or two away in the handle)

Return to “ersky9xr”