FrSky XJT and X6R RX problems

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
jtroutt19

FrSky XJT and X6R RX problems

Post by jtroutt19 »

Hey guys I have developed an issue trying to get it fixed. So I have been using this new XJT module for a couple months now. I have X6R RX in both my quads. I have never had an issue with signal loss until yesterday. I was flying my large quad doing some tuning because I just replaced the flight controller pixhawk if anyone is curious. So I was auto tuning and letting it do its thing. I went to correct some drift and bring it closer to me and boom not control. it was just floating away. I freaked out and starting running after it holding my transmitter in the air trying to get it to reconnect and nothing. Thankfully a tree stopped it but it also hit my neighbors house........

Any way. That is the first time it has happened. The only problems I have noticed before this particular incident was that sometimes when I would turn on my radio it would not connect. I would have to power cycle the transmitter to get it to connect. Never had any problems until yesterday. I have flown my small 250 quad many times and never have had an issue. I never had any issue with either model when I was using my old DJT module.

Is this a module issue or a transmitter issue? All the light on my module are one when it is not connected either.

jhsa

Re: FrSky XJT and X6R RX problems

Post by jhsa »

If you had set the failsafe, the power to the motors should have been cut when signal was lost..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
jtroutt19

Post by jtroutt19 »

Ive learned that so a failsafe is now set to switch to autoland if that ever happens again.

I am trying to figure out why is happened. I want to make sure I do not have defective hardware? Any way to figure out why it happened?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Did you have telemetry logging enabled?
The log file might help as it may contain the SWR and RSSI values, together with whenter telemetry data was being received from the Rx.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jtroutt19

Post by jtroutt19 »

ON my flight controller I did. I was unaware that you could log with the 9xr pro. The only thing I would get is SWR and RSSI at the moment. I am waiting for cable to get all the other data from pixhawk to my transmitter. My FC log shows everything was working and then all the sudden nothing. I was only 10 feet from my model.

jtroutt19

Post by jtroutt19 »

Should I update firmware on both my RX's and my module? I just figured that if the RX is running older firmware than the XJT or vis versa that it could cause some issues? I am running S.BUS and I read that there was an fix in one of the updates that had something to do with s.bus
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Probably worth updating.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jtroutt19

Post by jtroutt19 »

Well hopefully it will not happen again. That being said, any idea on what happened?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You said "The only problems I have noticed before this particular incident was that sometimes when I would turn on my radio it would not connect. I would have to power cycle the transmitter to get it to connect."
Does/Did this happen with both receivers, or just one?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jtroutt19

Post by jtroutt19 »

I never noticed it with the other. But I have not flown my other quad since I started having issues on this quad. I will check tonight and get back to you.
jtroutt19

Post by jtroutt19 »

Alrighty so I just ran through 4 packs on my small quad and then did about 50 power cycles on my transmitter and no issues...........
jtroutt19

Post by jtroutt19 »

Hey I just remembered something......the transmitter never gave me a warning about RX signal critical when i lost connection...what does that mean

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”