9XR Pro Firmware Update Issue

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
f22raptor

9XR Pro Firmware Update Issue

Post by f22raptor »

I've been tryin to get some Communication between my PC an the transmitterwith no Luck :(
In eePesky I get a "No Tx device Munted" Error and in OpenTx I am thrown to the Samba browsing screen, and as I know it' a result of failing the primary communications.
If I remove the 4GB Micro SD card and plug it in my Laptop, It's full, the volume is not detected, I can't format it, and can't read it, altough if i Pinch the 9XR in bootloader mode it shows the default Firmware **r204.bin file, so that can read it.
I am hopeless, I disassembeled my two days old transmitter, and took the USB/MicroSD PCB out of it, and tested it with my current USB cable and a multimeter. All the Four USB pins where connected to the PCB (Two top on the left, and the 2nd, and third top on the left).

Yesterday, I manadged to update my firmware, beacuse I noticed that if I force the Mini USB(type B) Connector inside the transmitter I hear a USB connect/disconnect sound, so I keept pushing it and I uploaded the newest firmware (ersky9xr_rom-v218.bin). I did bend the female connector body a bit so now it is not moving, I thaught it solved my contact error, but still nothing. Maybe my MicroSD is Out of Service and that's why I can't uploda it? I tried it with a 64GB SDHC with exFAT but that did nothing.

Help me Please, I'm dying inside... :cry:

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9XR Pro Firmware Update Issue

Post by MikeB »

The USB connector on the 'PRO does need a VERY firm push when plugging it in. When you do push it firmly, it does "click" into place.
Try powering on in bootloader mode, then plug in the USB cable firmly. Two drives should appear on your PC.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
f22raptor

Post by f22raptor »

Unfortunately mine does not "click" and I can't see drives either I push it, or not.
And what about the SD Card ?
I should be able to read it with an adapter, but I can't is it Normal ?

Thx.
Roland
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

When in bootloader mode, and you plug in the USB cable the display should change to show "Connecting..". I have know some of the USB sockets to be VERY VERY stiff and need quite a bit of force for the plug to go right in. My plug travels about 7mm from the outside of the socket to when it is fully in.
I agree the SD card should read in your PC.
If you power the radio on normally, then from the main screen press UP LONG, then press LEFT until you get to the "SD CARD STAT" display. This should show if your SD card is "ready" or "not ready" with a number beside the word ready of 0008.
Under that are some status values read from the SD card for the CID, CSD and SCR. These should not be 0000 values

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

f22raptor wrote:I tried it with a 64GB SDHC with exFAT but that did nothing.
The radio can't read exFAT, only FAT16/32.

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”