9XR PRO FRSKY Telemetry

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
grilobala

Re: 9XR PRO FRSKY Telemetry

Post by grilobala »

Dear Mike

The radio is 9XR Pro. The module is XJT. And the RX is X8Rs. The firmware version is ersky9x-R214.

Something strange is going on. Because everything was normal and suddenly I no longer have any telemetry information. When do the range check "in the protocol menu" to RSSI information is zero, and the RX operate normally. See the photos.

best regards
Victor
Attachments
20150531_222239[1].jpg
20150531_222206[1].jpg
20150531_222151[1].jpg
20150531_222133[1].jpg

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

In the TELEMETRY menu, check that:
FrSky Com Port is set to 1
and:
Invert COM 1 is set to OFF

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
grilobala

Post by grilobala »

dear Mike
I was in this setting. Yet still not working. There are some procedures that I can try?

Thank you for your attention.
Attachments
20150601_131557[1].jpg
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

One more setting to check, at the top of the Telemetry menu, check that UsrProto is set to FrHub.

I'll try to load r214 back on my Tx and test it. r217 is the latest revision, and that's what I'm running, or testing the next one after that!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
grilobala

Post by grilobala »

Is there any chance that I can try to reestablish telemetry? no longer know what to do.I do not understand. because everything was normal and suddenly stopped working. thanks for your attention

grilobala

Post by grilobala »

The Usrproto is Frhub.

Is there any chance that I can try to reestablish telemetry? no longer know what to do.I do not understand. because everything was normal and suddenly stopped working. thanks for your attention

Victor
grilobala

Post by grilobala »

Dear Mike

I found the problem!I managed to solve. It was simple. Were the keys that are behind the Frsky module that were in the wrong position. I put in the correct position and returned everything to normal. Anyway, thank you for your attention.
Victor
Attachments
20150601_225916[1].jpg
kansascity

Post by kansascity »

I think I am going to have to jump in on this thread. I've been trying so hard to get this working without having to bother anyone.

I have a 9xr Pro, FrSKY DJT Module, I have the telemetry cable (one end is plugged into the futaba port) the other end is plugged into DJT module Grey is in Rxd, white is in Txd.
I have a FrSky D8R-II Plus, I have the jumper across A1 & x (default). The D8R-II has all 8 signal wires connected to the FCB and only the GND and + from channel 1 connected (I don't believe this is relevant here)
I have upgraded my firmware on the 9xr pro
Vers: v110-Mike
SVN: ersky9x-r217
MOD:REVB-s
I have gonr into the Telemetry screen and set A1 to 13.2v. FrHub is selected.
FrSKY Com port is set to 1
invert Com 1 is off

Any thoughts? I would love to see that number next to A1 move.

Thanks
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

If you are using the telemetry cable try setting the COM port to 2.
By the way, you don't bother anyone here. If you have a problem please post it. We are happy to help if we can, and might save you a headache ;) :D

João
EDIT: Just a little note. When A1 has the jumper it will measure the receiver voltage. That is fine if the battery is directly connected to the receiver. If you have the receiver powered by a BEC that measurement is useless as the battery could be fully discharged and the receiver still gets its 5V.
In this case for measuring the battery voltage you need an external voltage sensor..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kansascity

Post by kansascity »

João
Thanks so much for the response. It just needed to be changed to com 2, as you mentioned. So that is awesome.

You were right about the voltage being 5v because it's coming from a BEC. I am new to all of this, but in the back of my mind I thought that may be the case. My FCB has a battery monitor on it, when I hook up a computer to it, I can see the battery voltage. I thought there might be some way to get that into A2 on the receiver. But now I believe that the battery monitor on the FCB is only good for use internally, for like setting off the buzzer that can be attached to the board. Which all makes perfect sense to me now.

Can anyone recommend an external voltage sensor for the setup I listed above? Or is it one of those things where they are all pretty much the same and just get one.
hercules

Post by hercules »

With my Flip32 i'm getting the battery voltage on the variable "ctot" without using an external sensor. Is that variable showing no values on your TX?
roscored1000

Post by roscored1000 »

Just a quick question, with all these settings, in the correct order and firmware etc. will the Signal strength be displayed on a OSD ? I have the main battery displaying, but would like signal strength as well, must I have the external cable for that or is that not necessary? most fascinating following all these questions and answers. thanks
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm not sure I fully understand the question!
By main battery do you mean the Tx battery or the one on the aircraft?
By OSD, do you mean the display on the Tx or one somewhere else?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
roscored1000

Post by roscored1000 »

Sorry Mike I am getting the aircraft battery voltage from the vbat connection on the naze32 through a micro minim osd to my goggles. The OSD is for the goggles not the tx. I am still very much a beginner so wasnt sure what the cable {futaba ?} will actually show on my quanum V2 goggles and if it is worth getting one or not. I dont know what telemetry will be sent or displayed. Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge
Hiodo

Post by Hiodo »

Hi all

Can any1 help me..i have 9xrpro+xjt module+x4r rx and i dont know how to setup the telemetry..trying all the step on previous post and only the rssi working on my transmitter..flash new version ersky9x r218..i hope some1 can guide me..many thanks..
Attachments
P_20160428_125758.jpg
P_20160428_125820.jpg
P_20160428_125828.jpg
P_20160428_125839.jpg
P_20160428_125847.jpg
P_20160428_125920.jpg
P_20160428_125939.jpg
P_20160428_130008.jpg
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The XJT connects internally for the telemetry.
You need to set the protocol to PXX (not PPM), set the type to D16, then, in the telemetry menu, set "FrSky COM port" to 1 and "Invert COM 1" to OFF.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Hiodo

Post by Hiodo »

Just change protocol to pxx and set to d16 also frskycom port to 1..still wont work for me and no rssi read on transmitter
Attachments
P_20160428_172617.jpg
P_20160428_172628.jpg
P_20160428_172659.jpg
P_20160428_172713.jpg
P_20160428_172534.jpg
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Please confirm the radio is controlling servos on the receiver.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Hiodo

Post by Hiodo »

All channel work perfect including aux
Hiodo

Post by Hiodo »

Just telemetry wont work.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Please try re-binding the receiver, there is a bind option in the protocol menu for this. It may be that the Rx isn't sending the telemetry data if previously bound when using PPM as the protocol.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Hiodo

Post by Hiodo »

Thanks alot mike..now my telemetry work..but fasv show 16.2 value even im using a new battery..change another battery it still show 16.2..when im using lipo checker it show 16.8..im using 4s lipo battery..how can i fix this prob?

1 more thing how to set voice alarm when fasv hit 14.5 example and the voice tell me how much v left..is that auto remind or should i set somewhere else
thanks alot mike for u help..sry for noob english :)
Attachments
P_20160501_194014.jpg
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Hiodo wrote:Thanks alot mike..now my telemetry work..but fasv show 16.2 value even im using a new battery..change another battery it still show 16.2..when im using lipo checker it show 16.8..im using 4s lipo battery..how can i fix this prob?
Ersky9x just reports the voltage as sent by the sensor. You have two measurements that differ, we don't actually know if the Fasv is wrong, or the lipo checker is wrong, or both are wrong!
If the Fasv value is that far out, you could use a "Scaler" to correct the reading. To do so will need investigation to discover if the Fasv value is reading 0.6V low all the time, or is just reading a few percent low.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Hiodo

Post by Hiodo »

Thanks for replying..thats video helps alot..but i have prob that i cant see any wav file on voice alarm..download new voice pack for ersky9x..on sd card all file is there..i only can use the number file..cant use name file..

and 1 more thing when i set voice alarm for fasv when it hit 14.7 example,the alarm just said said what i set only..no voice for how many V left..how do i fix this..thanks alot
Attachments
P_20160502_015212.jpg
P_20160502_015225.jpg
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Probably because you didn't install the voice pack correctly.
You should have a folder named "voice" on your SD Card. Then inside the voice folder other 3 folders.
"system, user and modelNames".

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
DGHallal

Post by DGHallal »

Non-telemety newbie question here; do I have to have the separate FrSky screen to display telemetry or can I just use the 9XR Pro screens? I'm getting ready to purchase the FrSky module for my tx and am doing a little research beforehand. Glad I found this site. Which module should I go for, the DJT or the XJT?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The 9XR-PRO is able to display the telemetry on it's own screen, and also includes voice alerts you may set based on telemetry values.
The XJT is directly supported, the DJT requires the extra cable to connect it in.
The XJT is also the more recent module.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
DavisMN

Post by DavisMN »

Another newbie with a 9xr-Pro...trying to get my Motor Battery Voltage to show up on the telemetry screen...without success so far.

Firmware is ErSky9x-r218. Vers= V.3527-Mike. Mod=REVB-X
Transmitter module is XJT (both dip switches off)
Receiver is X4R
No jumper cable on back of transmitter (using com port 1...invert com 1 is off)

I have telemetry working showing RSSI and TSSI (Hooray!!!)

Also, in the plane, I have FrSky Battery Voltage Sensor (FBVS-01) hooked up to Motor battery (+) to AIN of receiver smart port connector and Motor battery (-) to (-) black wire of smart port connector. (connection is same as image shown on x4r instructions). I believe this is analog connection.

On telemetry screen A1, A2, A3, FasV, cVolt, cTot all showing 0.0v

How do I see Motor battery telemetry from FBVS-01 on 9xr-Pro ?

Many thanks for your help !!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On the telemetry menu, have you set the scaling for A1 and or A2? Usually you need to set it to about 13.2V.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”