9XR PRO FRSKY Telemetry

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9XR PRO FRSKY Telemetry

Post by MikeB »

I'll have another check of the file, it is quite difficult to see the data.
I see the FLVSS data in the second part of the log file, but nothing else other than the receiver data.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

skyspaghetti

Post by skyspaghetti »

I may have originallyposted in the wrong thread as it was for 9XR Pro Hardware... admins please feel free to move my posts if needed but here's my latest telemetry issue.
(Screenshots attached to original thread here: viewtopic.php?f=122&t=10279 )

Been trying to get telemetry working on my Fliph32 F4 board to my Turnigy 9XR Pro w/XJT module.
I've posted this a few places looking for help so if you've seen it on another forum I apologize. I've always had good luck with the fellas on this forum though so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I'm running ersky9x-pr219 firmware on my TX.

Here's the FC I have: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201868434279

Here's the RX I have: http://m.gearbest.com/radios-receiver/pp_618558.html

I have the wire coming off UART3 TX on the FC and I have the signal hacked to run inversed to the SmartPort following the info here: https://blck.mn/2016/06/smartport-th...nd-betaflight/

I got the info for hacking the inversion on the RX from this post: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ith-smart-port
Which is what directed me to the blck.mn site
I've asked for help over there as well but it's not as active.

I'm running the latest Airbot FW in Betaflight in order to get the Buzzer and LED working.

Whenever I turn on the drone and my TX all I get is a reading of 3.8v on my telemetry screen. Even if I change batteries or use the USB to b power the FC, the telemetry always reads out 3.8v or so.

I'm only running 1 wire off the FC as the tutorial I followed said I'd only need 1 for Betaflight on an F4 board... should I run the 2nd wire?

Attached are pretty much all my settings in BetaFlight and on my TX.

I've only used this RX on this build.
I've had telemety working on other receivers on other models but they weren't S.Bus or SmartPort they were D8R-II Plus and XP receivers on MultiWii boards.
I do have an Eachine E010S that's working with my radio and I get battery voltage telemetry. But again, that FC uses a built-in PPM RX

I'm getting something as my A1 readout will say 0.0v until I turn on the Quad. Then it reads between 3.6v and 3.9v but it never changes until I shut down my transmitter and start everything up again.

I've also tried switching everyting to the UART 6 TX and I get the same results

Any ideas?

Thanks!
synrgy

Post by synrgy »

Are you getting RSSI or Vfas signal ? I only needed 1 wire from smartport to uart TX 3 on my F4 flight controller. Im running an XSR receiver though.
skyspaghetti

Post by skyspaghetti »

synrgy wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:53 am Are you getting RSSI or Vfas signal ? I only needed 1 wire from smartport to uart TX 3 on my F4 flight controller. Im running an XSR receiver though.
Yeah, so it turns out I'm an idiot and the Vfas is reporting the voltage to my TX. :roll:
Guess I wasn't looking for the right setting as I'm used to setting up the A1 port on non-SmartPort Receivers.

Thanks for taking the time to help! :D
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

MikeB wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:31 am Craft & Theory use their own IDs on the FrSky SPort. I'm not certain r218 supports these. At the least, please update the firmware on the 'PRO to r220, or you could go for a later test version from the test versions thread.

Mike.
I am now getting full passthrough telemetry from the Pixhawk FC on the radio! I had a bad converter cable which 3DXR (UK dealer for Craft & Theory) replaced very quickly and efficiently.
The configuration is now documented in the official Ardupilot wiki:
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common ... gy-9xr-pro
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R

synrgy

Post by synrgy »

Hey Guys,
Having issues with my telemetry on my 9xr pro + XSR + sp racing f3 FC. I had it all setup working perfectly with voice alerts & a voice alert attached to the trainer switch to tell me vfas when i hit the trainer switch. It was working fine & would report the current voltage.

All of a sudden it just stopped working no when i hit the switch it says "Flight pack voltage - no telemetry".

When i first plug in a low voltage pack it says "flight pack volatge - eight point six volts" - then i hit the switch "flight pack voltage - no telemetry".

I can see the FasV voltage on screen so its definatly reporting back to the TX. RSSI is also working fine.

I have another quad setup the exact same & it still works fine. Is there anything i can do to fix it ? Would a rebind work ? Its weird how it first reports voltage when i plugged in but then i get nothing afterwards. Almost killed some batteries today..
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What firmware revision are you using on the radio?
Try turning on logging, log about a minute from when you first plug in a battery, then post the log file here.
You say you can see the FasV value on the display. Is this changing, or is it just "left" at a last value received?
In recent test versions of ersky9x I have added individual monitoring of telemetry values, and cause displayed values to flash when they are no longer being received.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

I am using r220.
When setting up the custom telemetry screens, it is very useful to step through the sources and see in real time the value of that source. But there are a few that do not seem to be getting through such as:

Fuel (always 100%)
Mah1, Mah2. (Mah is showing though??)
RB..

I am not certain what Mah1, Mah2 and the RB settings are for, but I believe Fuel (battery pack capacity remaining) is provided via Frsky native passthrough protocol from Ardupilot.
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common ... nformation
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Mah1 and Mah2 were for when using A1 and/or A2 as current sources. They have been superceded by setting the "Current Source", and then using Mah.
RB.. are for the FrSky Redundancy Box.

Not sure why Fuel is not showing up. Recent test versions flash the value if it is not being received.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

Moved
JohnDoe

Post by JohnDoe »

Hello Mike.
I have a similar Problem with frsky telemetry.
I use the Turnigy 9xr-pro with frsky djt modul an the frsky d8r-xp with frsky vario on RX dataport an a2 and frsky lipo voltage sensor via smartport in vario sensor as bridge.
In the a1 port of the frsky d8r-xp is a simple voltage sensor for flightbattery.
Now the problem:
- telemetry from simple voltage sensor is online
- vario seem to work

- but how must i configure the 9xr-pro for the lipo voltage sensor cell voltage??

thx
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Are you saying you have a FLVSS (lipo sensor) with its SPort connector connected to the SPort of the vario? That doesn't work, the vario only acts as a bridge from hub to SPort, not SPort to hub.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
AlexB

Post by AlexB »

Hi All,

I can see it is an old forum but I saw something similar questions so maybe someone can help me out.

I just dig out my 9XR-Pro and tried to connect to my laptop as I did many times back in time. What I experience now is that the two drives appear and some second later disappear. :?: Only the Bossa Program Port device remains so eePskye can't see the drives.
It is on Windows 10 64bit, USB2.0 port.

So what I did:
Horizontal trims + turn on --> Boot Loader Ready --> plug USB to laptop --> Connecting --> "USB" displays on Transmitter --> two drives appears in windows --> ... and some seconds later disappear --> only "Bossa Program Port (COM8)" appears under "Bluetooth & other devices"

I tried on another W10, 64bit laptop and it was the same.
Bootloader is only v1.0 but I think it is about something new Windows "feature"... ?! :)

If anyone has any idea/suggestion/solution please share.
Many thanks in advance!

Alex
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Worth updating the bootloader to the latest if you can. You need to get the latest ersky9xr_rom file on the SD card, probably by plugging it in to the computer directly. Put the file in the FIRMWARE directory. Then, with the SD card back in the 'PRO, power on holding the horizontal trims APART to get in to maintenance mode where you may update the bootloader.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
gurcik

Post by gurcik »

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here. I have a problem with telemetry and more precisely with the altitude reading. I've tried different settings but no ideas anymore. My equipment: Turnigy 9xr pro with XJT and on the other side X8R, C&T telemetry cable, Mauh PM, FLVSS (lipo sensor). Here is screenshot https://screenshot.net/e18z1s8
Thank's for any help
Last edited by gurcik on Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

gurcik wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:58 am Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here. I have a problem with telemetry and more precisely with the altitude reading. I've tried different settings but no ideas anymore. My equipment: Turnigy 9xr pro with XJT and on the other side X8R, C&T telemetry cable, Mauh PM, FLVSS (lipo sensor). Here is screenshot https://screenshot.net/e18z1s8
Thank's for any help
Was the craft on the ground when you took the screenshot?
I think Alt is the barometer reading which I don't think works. gAl is the altitude based on the GPS reading. On the next screen can you see Lat and Lon values?
gurcik

Post by gurcik »

It was on the ground. I tried to lift him up but nothing changed. Lon and lat is visible https://screenshot.net/r01n1i3 I think that the problems started after changing the firmware to ersky9x-r222. Can the performance of the barometer in Pixhawk 2.4.8 be checked in a different way?

Edit
I've checked barometer on Mission Planner https://screenshot.net/we86vbv
I think baro is ok.
Here is my eeprom
9XR PRO EEPROM 31.08.2019.zip
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

I am having an intermittent problem. FasV is not displayed continuously. Most of the time it displays 0.0v, but every now and then it briefly shows the correct voltage. Other values such as GPS, mAh, etc. show without problems.
Voltage on the GCS shows OK at all times

I used to have Smartport FLVSS module when, if I remember correctly, this problem did not occur. The connection is now direct from the Pixhawk Telem2 port to the Frsky X8R via a C&T cable.
Attachments
IMG_20191103_152011.jpg
IMG_20191103_151938.jpg
IMG_20191103_152052.jpg
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Perhaps the Pixhawk is not sending the value very often. I have a timeout on telemetry values so they don't show if they stop being received.
In the Telemetry|Logging menu is a default value of 2.5 seconds for this timeout. You could try increasing this value to see if FasV stays.
Also, go down the logging menu to see FasV, and look for tick at the right of the display. This is present if FasV is being received, and should remain for the timeout time defined above. You may be able to see how often it is being received.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

I increased the timeout to 4.5 and it has solved the problem. Any less and it gets worse.
In Ardupilot there is a way to prioritise telemetry packets, but it is done by group not individual items.

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”