Speaker holder mod for the pro

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
AndreL

Speaker holder mod for the pro

Post by AndreL »

looking a while ago i noticed a mod done by Mnemennth to stimulate the sound that comes out of the 9xr pro. To simplify the installation i decided to print one out and see how it improves on the quality. If you have access to a 3d printer (some libraries have them I have been told) here is what it could look like for you.
printed holder.jpg
fitted.jpg
clerance check.jpg
intalled.jpg
It takes about 20 min to print and uses very little material. This holder is designed for drop in and hot glue application, you could probably just use foam to immobilize the fit if you wish not to glue but you still have to cut out the small square stand-off at the top of the radio with some fine wire cutters. I used the original speaker for the job - just remove the oem speaker holder from the radio (screws). The sound is definitely louder and has more base to it.
Finally the stl
speaker holder1.zip
(6.91 KiB) Downloaded 266 times

Sterling101

Re: Speaker holder mod for the pro

Post by Sterling101 »

I might have to give this a go and see if it will fit inside my radio with the internal module and associated wiring.

Good job though - with a bit of modding and tweaking it's really easy to get a top notch radio out of these 9XR Pro's isn't it?
Leigh

Current Kit:-
Taranis X9D plus running ErSkyTx - main radio.
Turnigy 9XR-Pro with internal FrSky DHT Module - used on the simulator.
Retired radios:-
Turnigy i10 with FlySky receivers.
Turnigy I6 - My first Tx now just used on Quads.

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”