Range test: how to interpret readings?

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
rsilk49

Range test: how to interpret readings?

Post by rsilk49 »

I finally got round to trying the Range Test in the Protocol page. I have an XJT module and an X8R receiver.

I noticed 2 numbers displayed. I assume the first was the RSSI value but what was the second (around 153)?
If I walked 50 metres away from the receiver and got a RSSI reading of 50+, is that a good reading? If so, does this equate to a range at full power of 50x30 metres?
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Range test: how to interpret readings?

Post by MikeB »

I only have one number being displayed (RSSI). I did have a second number (TEMP2) displayed at one time for debug purposes (can't remember what now!).

Pretty much, if you have a RSSI value of 50 at 50m in range check mode, then yes, you should expect the RSSI value to be 50 at 30 times that range on full power.

Normally, a "LOW" warning is set for RSSI = 45, and a "CRITICAL" warning at 42.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rsilk49

Re: Range test: how to interpret readings?

Post by rsilk49 »

MikeB wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:13 pm I only have one number being displayed (RSSI). I did have a second number (TEMP2) displayed at one time for debug purposes (can't remember what now!).

Mike
Definitely shows 2 numbers on R220 release.
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”