T-Cut Mixer templates not added to mix

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
rsilk49

T-Cut Mixer templates not added to mix

Post by rsilk49 »

Using r220.
Templates 02 & 03 do not set any channel mix.
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: T-Cut Mixer templates not added to mix

Post by MikeB »

Check the safety switches. On ersky9x, these provide the throttle cut function without needing any mixes set (including "sticky throttle cut").

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

I can now see that the mixer template creates a safety switch for CH3 which sets the throttle to -100 when I use the Thr cut switch and it will remain at -100 until I close the throttle. This is good!
X. THR. -100 Thr

It would be nice to be able to link a voice alert in this page e.g. VA5 --> "throttle cut active"
S500 + Pixhawk 1 clone + Mauch PM + C&T Telemetry adapter + 9XR-Pro (Taranis gimbals)/XJT/X8R
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You can.. :) Select the same switch you use for the T-Cut, and select the voice you want to use..
This is one of my models. Open it in eepskye and check VA5

João
Attachments
Easystar.eepm
(4.04 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

I ended up doing the same as you did.
The issue with the current menu structure is that it is necessary to define actions for a switch in 2 completely different menu pages to get a) the mix action (Safety Switch) and b) play the chosen voice file (Voice).
It would be a better user experience IMO if the 2 could be done in a single place. e.g.
When [switch x] is ON
<do this>
<play this sound>
End

Maybe it's time to implement a simple scripting language for ersky9x ;)

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I don't agree. The way it is implemented is much more user friendly as it keeps all voice programming together in one place. And also voice switches can be played one after the other, that means that the order they are programmed matters. That would be impossible in such implementation.
Also, a voice switch doesn't only control a voice, can also control audio and haptic (vibration).

The right way to use it, is to do all your programming, and then program all the voices, vibration and sounds. Or, just program something, and then go to the voice menu and program the corresponding audio..
After someone program the sticky safety switch, I would say that 99% of the times he/she exits the menu after doing it.. So, you just have to enter the voice menu and program the voice..

It's just the way it works, and this way it is very flexible.. And easy to use also :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

rsilk49 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:39 pmMaybe it's time to implement a simple scripting language for ersky9x ;)
If you look at the last couple of test versions you will see that LUA is now available either as stand alone or on a custom telemetry screen.
LUA is rather RAM hungry, so I'm looking into something more streamlined!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

Have you looked at eLua? I recently saw an article about it but don't know if it is for real or would be applicable for your purposes.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

As I understand it, eLUA was/is a patch that adds "read only tables" to standard LUA to reduce RAM usage. Looking at the code for eLUA and the LUA source I'm using, these are now available as standard so we are using eLUA in the implementation I've added.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
rsilk49

Post by rsilk49 »

Moved

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”