Help with DIY Hardware

OpenLRSng runs on a number of different platforms. Find out more / post your questions here.

Moderator: kha

linuxslate

Help with DIY Hardware

Post by linuxslate »

I have built a transmitter based on an RFM23BP, and a receiver based on an Anaduino-22-433.

I am assisting with development of a (BOARD_TYPE == 10) // Anarduino-22-433 as RX.

The problem is that I do not have any "real" openlrs hardware or experience with openlrs.

I can connect to the configurator, and I can connect through the transmitter to the receiver, but it won't actually work (servos connected to the receiver don't work.) I know that the servos are not supposed to work when connected the configurator.

One thing that would really help me is a better explanation on "normal" LED operation.

The transmitter is built as a BOARD_TYPE == 4, but with #define SWAP_GPIOS commented out since I did not build my board wrong.

Here is a configurator transcript:
15:28:38 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 3
15:28:38 -- Transmitter Firmware version - 3.8.8
15:28:39 -- Transmitter BIND data received
15:28:41 -- Trying to establish connection with the RX module
15:29:00 -- Connection to the receiver module successfully established
15:29:00 -- Receiver module config data received
With a LemonRX PPM connected to the PPM input, and my Spektrum transmitter on, the bars respond correctly in the Signal Monitor Tab, and it says "Signal: OK".

---TX---

As per the code, I have the LED's connected as:
#define Red_LED 6
#define Green_LED 5

I have carefully checked the wiring, and the LED connected to 6 is definitely RED, and 5 is definitely GREEN.

I have no buzzer, the Button is connected per: #define BTN A0

With the receiver OFF, and not PPM supplied to the transmitter, it works like this:

When I power on the transmitter by itself, with out pushing the button, I get neither LED.

If I press and hold the button for less than 5 seconds when I power the transmitter, the GREEN LED begins to flash.

When connected to the configurator, both LED's are lit.

When I disconnect from the configurator, the GREEN LED begins to flash.

---RX---

If the receiver is ON, when I disconnect from the configurator, neither LED is lit.

The receiver has only a RED LED, and my new board type is coded correctly for the way that LED is actually connected: #define Red_LED 9

On the receiver, the RED LED is lit anytime power is applied. I've never seen it blink, or go out. The blink arduino example sketch, when set for 9 verifies the LED is connected to that pin.

RX CLI transcript (minicom) -- Power up with TX OFF:
OpenLRSng RX starting 3.8.8 on HW 10
Waiting bind
Entering normal mode

RX CLI transcript (minicom) -- Power up with TX ON:
[same]

RX CLI transcript (minicom) -- Power up with TX in what I think is bind mode (Button pressed briefly with power applied, TX GREEN LED Flashing, then goes out when the RX binds.):

OpenLRSng RX starting 3.8.8 on HW 10
Waiting bind
Got pkt
data good
Saved bind data to EEPROM
Entering normal mode

Test configuration:

The transmitter has a 50 ohm sma dummy load.
The receiver has a ~17.5 cm wire antenna.
The are about 1/2 meter apart.

It this a good bench test configuration?

My RX code, and pin connections can be found in Git Issue #140

Any help with how this is supposed to work would be helpful since I am at a disadvantage with no working hardware to test with.

Return to “OpenLRSng hardware”