Flashing problems- help needed please!

MoleHunter

Flashing problems- help needed please!

Post by MoleHunter »

Am having trouble loading ER9x on my errr, 9x.

I've installed the SmartieParts programmer, reversed the + & - switches, refitted everything and tested. I've then pulled it all apart again, sorted out the stuck - switch and refitted everything.

Powered up the tx and all switches and trims seem to work on the stock firmware.

Have installed eepe on my Linux Mint powered netbook and tried to connect to the tx. When the USB port is installed I get a beeping every few seconds and when I try to communicate with the tx i get the following message:

=================================================================================
Started AVRDUDE
avrdude -c usbasp -p m64 -P usb -U flash:r:/home/mark/or:a
=================================================================================
avrdude: Warning: cannot query manufacturer for device: error sending control message: Operation not permitted
avrdude: error: could not find USB device "USBasp" with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc

AVRDUDE done - exit code 1

Bit stuck. Tried to do the AVRDUDE terminal command line that erazz gave me here, but have had no joy.

Will try the whole thing again on the Windows PC in the morning, but would love some advice. I'm not an expert when it comes to computers but can wield a mouse ok. I'm not good at doing terminals and stuff.

SR71

Re: Flashing problems- help needed please!

Post by SR71 »

Just for start, connect the programmer to the USB port and submit the following command:

lsusb

Is it reporting a device with VID:PID equal to 16c0:05dc ?
(In order to open a terminal window, press Atl+F2 and, when prompted, write down xterm <ENTER>)
MoleHunter

Post by MoleHunter »

Noticed that I had no signal for the ailerons- argh! Took the radio apart- again, and got the meter out. I had a signal all the way from the pot to the main board and onto the board itself. Ok, so hopefully it's a problem with the stock firmware.

Gave up on the Linux one as I'm not at all familiar with it and now is not the time to go learning about terminals, command lines and suchlike. Had a go with the Windows pc instead and finally got it to link up when I help XP's hand and led it to the USBasp drivers as it couldn't find them.

Got it all loaded up just fine and am now gently feeling my way around the various functions. It's infinitely better than the stock firmware- no comparison. If I had to moan about anything so far it's that the backlight is really not very bright at all.

Managed to get another 9x when HK had them in stock again the other day (for under 20 minutes), so will be sorting one out for a friend too.

Thank for the help anyway. :)
Westy

Post by Westy »

I dropped my SMD 470 ohm resistor to 360 ohm... seemed to make a little difference

Return to “PROGRAMMERS”