Dual rates and exponential setup independently

Orange

Dual rates and exponential setup independently

Post by Orange »

I'm pretty good at programming openTx, but I find it very difficult to program a switch for 3 expo settings and a different switch for 3 dual rate settings, independently of each other. It can be done with flight modes and a lot of mixing, but I think I'm missing out on something. Please add your tips and experiences.

thebriars0

Re: Dual rates and exponential setup independently

Post by thebriars0 »

Easy way would be to do one on Inputs screen and the other on the Mixes screen. .... I think.
ArchmageAU

Post by ArchmageAU »

Orange wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:31 am I'm pretty good at programming openTx, but I find it very difficult to program a switch for 3 expo settings and a different switch for 3 dual rate settings, independently of each other. It can be done with flight modes and a lot of mixing, but I think I'm missing out on something. Please add your tips and experiences.
Global variables are your friend.

Make 3 special functions to set a GVar to the expo value you want for each Expo switch setting.
Make 3 inputs selectable by the DR switch with the appropriate weights with the expo sourced from the GVar.

(Just ensure the GVar is shared across all flight modes :) )
Orange

Post by Orange »

ArchmageAU wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:07 am
Orange wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:31 am I'm pretty good at programming openTx, but I find it very difficult to program a switch for 3 expo settings and a different switch for 3 dual rate settings, independently of each other. It can be done with flight modes and a lot of mixing, but I think I'm missing out on something. Please add your tips and experiences.
Global variables are your friend.

Make 3 special functions to set a GVar to the expo value you want for each Expo switch setting.
Make 3 inputs selectable by the DR switch with the appropriate weights with the expo sourced from the GVar.

(Just ensure the GVar is shared across all flight modes :) )
This is an excellent solution that I was missing. Thank you for taking the time and sharing. ;)
Para9111

Post by Para9111 »

I'm trying to do the same thing can you explain how exactly this is done and how GV actually works

Return to “openTx model setup”