Simulating EDGE switch on Turnigy 9x

PProvost

Simulating EDGE switch on Turnigy 9x

Post by PProvost »

Hey folks,

I'm using OpenTx on my Turnigy 9X, and it appears that the EDGE logical switch isn't implemented on that radio. I'm guessing due to deficiencies in the hardware, but I'm not sure and can't find any docs that explain firmware differences by hardware type.

Regardless, I'm trying to find a way to use what I do have on that radio to create a logically triggered momentary switch.

I've got a logical STICKY switch that is triggered by other conditions. This part works. When that switch transitions (either OFF to ON or ON to OFF), I want to trigger the momentary switch one time.

I've been trying to play with the TIMER switch type and some GVs to accomplish this, but haven't been able to figure it out.

Any suggestions or examples of this kind of thing? Thanks!

PProvost

Re: Simulating EDGE switch on Turnigy 9x

Post by PProvost »

I think I found a hack that will do for now. I've got a mix for the channel on which I want to emit the pulse. That mix uses a curve that is set like a spike on x=0, and also has Slow(u0.5:d0.5) set on it so the mix actually "plays" when the logical switch is triggered.
Spike curve.png
Spike curve.png (4.67 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
Is isn't perfect, and would be a lot better if I could pick something like 0.1 or 0.2 for the Slow up/down values, but it looks like it will work (so far only tested in Companion).

Does anyone know if we might get proper EDGE support for Logical Switches on the T9X builds?

Thanks!

Return to “openTx model setup”