Gasser throttle curve

Wildvortex

Gasser throttle curve

Post by Wildvortex »

I have finally gotten my first gasser up and running. Problem is that the throttle is SO touchy. I have never programmed a curve or expo into my throttles pretty much us a straight diagonal line. I am wondering what a good starting curve would be that slows the progress of the throttle servo but utilizes the full range of limits.
I would appreciate all the help I can get with this.

Steve

tonnie78

Re: Gasser throttle curve

Post by tonnie78 »

Before changing the throttle servo behaviour. Are the angles on servo lever and gaslever in line?
Wildvortex

Post by Wildvortex »

I am using the shortest point on the servo arm and the furthest point on the carb. Even with that my servo limits only use 50%of total movement of the servo
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

What I normally do (for every servo) is I adjust the limits for the max and min of the servo travel without the servo stalling in either direction.
Activate the "throttle trim" option that is somewhere in OpenTX.. I use Ersky9x on my radios not OpenTX, so i don't know where that setting is, but I know it is there. :)
Then the trim will only operate on the lower half of the throttle stick travel, not affecting the top half of the stick movement . This setting is there exactly for IC engines..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Wildvortex

Post by Wildvortex »

Thanks João, that is how I have set it up and how I do on all my fuel planes. There is not much difference between throttle closed and throttle wide open. I would like to slow the movement a bit so I have more control I can't go in any further on the servo arm and can't go out any further on the throttle unless I extend the throttle arm somehow.

Wildvortex

Post by Wildvortex »

I believe that I am going about this all wrong. I picked up an old FM radio to use on my flight sim and was reading the manual. They spoke about setting the throttle expo and how it does not effect the sensitivity of the mid stick but instead the low or high end of the stick depending on positive or negative number.

Does setting a throttle expo work the same on the Taranis?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you set the limits on the throttle channel then full stick movement should mean the throttle servo moves from idle to full throttle with no "dead" areas. If you have done this, then I don't understand why you then need a curve to "slow" the throttle.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Wildvortex

Post by Wildvortex »

I set the limits and there are no dead spots, but on the ground taxiing it was really touchy. That is why I was asking, I got it figured out though.

Thanks

Return to “openTx model setup”