Opentx 2.2 support for FLVS-01 Sensor

CaptDen

Opentx 2.2 support for FLVS-01 Sensor

Post by CaptDen »

I have a D8R-xp receiver connected to a FSH-01 Sensor Hub to a FAS-40 40Amp Sensor to a Flvs-01 Lipo V Sensor. Using the opentx 2.2 software I don’t see cels or Cells or Cell sensor call out. Is this receiver configuration supported? If it is can someone help me configure it either on the radio or in Conpanion?

Kilrah

Re: Opentx 2.2 support for FLVS-01 Sensor

Post by Kilrah »

They should be found when running "detect sensors".
CaptDen

Post by CaptDen »

I have seen the cels Sensor show up for the FLvss which is the smartport sensor. The FLvs-01 is the analog sensor (only 2 wire hookup and has to go through either the FSH-01 hub or the FAS-40 senor to work. I have selected the detect sensors and the only sensors that I see are VFAS, RSSI, A1, A2, Curr
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Might want to detail what radio/module you're using in order to get further insight.

Note you need to actually have a battery connected to the sensor for it to send any data and thus be discoverable.
CaptDen

Post by CaptDen »

I'm using the Taranis X9D and I am using a battery connected to an ESC connected to D8R-XP Receiver with the FLvs-0-1 connected to FAS-40 connected to the Receiver digital port.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That doesn't confirm you have a battery's balancing port connected to the FLVS-01 to measure. It won't report itself unless there is one.
CaptDen

Post by CaptDen »

Of course I have the battery connected to the FLvs-01 via the balance port. You are aware that there are 2 kinds of lipo cell sensors that have displays showing each cell voltage. 1 is used with D type receivers and other is used with x type receivers. If you are using the internet to find an answer you will only find the FLvss cell sensor (the smart port type sensor). You will not see the FLvs-01 cell sensor talked about.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I thought the FLVS-01 plugged directly in to the hub "Volt" connector, not via the FAS-40.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

If it's alone yes, but if you want to use both the current sensor and the FLVS-01 you need to chain them since there's only one Volt port on the hub and both are supposed to connect to it.

The manual for the FAS-100 shows the supported configurations.

You might want to provide a picture of your wiring for verification.

Return to “openTx model setup”